Hong Kong tender for highway, tunnel and flyover projects issued
The Highways Department of Hong Kong is inviting bids for work on the Central Kowloon Route – Yau Ma Tei East project, which includes construction of a 390 metre long tunnel between Yau Cheung Road and Shanghai Street, upgrades to part of Gascoigne Road Flyover, and installation of 510m of noise barriers. The project also includes building demolition and construction work and other tasks such as drainage and landscaping.
The works mainly comprise:
- Construction of a section of tunnel of approximately 390 metres long between Yau Cheung Road and Shanghai Street.
- Re-provisioning of Gascoigne Road Flyover (Kansu Street Section) of approximately 300 metres to the west of Nathan Road.
- Design and construction of noise mitigation measures including noise barriers of about 510 metres long and noise enclosure of about 500 metres long.
- Demolition of the existing Yau Ma Tei Multi-storey Carpark Building, Yau Ma Tei Specialist Clinic Extension Building and Yau Ma Tei Jade Hawker Bazaar.
- Construction and maintenance of a composite building for the temporary Public Library cum Jade Hawker Bazaar and a building for the temporary Maternal and Child Health Centre.
- Re-provisioning of a methadone clinic in the Yau Ma Tei Jockey Club Polyclinic Building.
- Associated electrical and mechanical works, civil works, drainage and landscaping works.
The works are scheduled to commence in August 2017 and will take about 83 months to complete.
The Consulting Engineers for the project are the Arup-Mott MacDonald Joint Venture.
Tenderers are required to be on a list of approved contractors, and meet further criteria relating to the size and type of project.
The deadline for tender is noon on the 28th April 2017.
The contact for the tender is Mr. Alan Low – Technical Director, Arup – Mott MacDonald Joint Venture, 20/F AIA Kowloon Tower, Landmark East, 100 How Ming Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Tel(852) 2828 5757. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.